Sunday, January 11, 2009

AT ROOM 418A

When my father was rushed to the hospital last Nov.27, he was on a 50/50 condition,we never thought that recovery on his part would be that of a miracle.At 84,still a busy man,he loves gardening to much.Recycling a basketball ball into a hanging pot for plants was his last project.He would do anything to keep himself very busy.While on confinement,I can only gazed at his frail body realizing that he's not that young anymore.I was at his bedside for almost a month and a half now together with my eldest sister who is also afflicted with the Capital C , while my other sisters had to worked.A lot of people had been asking our family how are we handling this tough situation.My father had always instilled in our minds that everything that is happening in our lives has a purpose,so just keep on praying,True enough, we had experience difficulties and hardship during our younger years without our neighbors knowing it and still they are wondering how we did it,probably we have been prepared for this situation.
This room has been our temporary home,we also have our neighbors all Cancer patients,At the pantry,I was able to talked to different people and hearing from their stories I guessed Papa(father) is still lucky enough to survived.During the time papa was in state of recovering(He was telling us that he was in a journey)We thought he was hallucinating probably because of the effect of the medicine intake,however he keep insisting on what happen in his journey,He told us that he already saw the place where he is going,he described it as a beautiful ,quiet and peaceful place,while he was telling it to us we just told him that it was just a dream but we knew already what was it all about.At times we feel sad of what will happen next but at the moment we feel happy for his recovery.
Last Saturday,Papa had a visitor,who else but my mama(mom)I know he was missing her(she visit him weekly and calls him from time to time),She is at home attending to my daughter who goes to school.Well at their age I still feel that love was in the air,You know why?????As I looked at them I saw my Papa with his wrinkled hand reaching Mama's hand holding it tight with his teary eyes,Touched by that.........so am I.

1 comment:

  1. Just started reading your blog. I'll email you soon. Have been trying to find time to email to you and Julie when I get home, only to find myself falling asleep at Aidan's room. Thinking of you and praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete